Smile makeover before and after
What Causes Crooked Teeth ?
There are many factors that can cause crooked teeth. For example:
– The size of the teeth that take more room for the available space given by the jaws and the gums
– The front teeth that have come out in a wrong angulation (too forward or too backward) and therefore
the way your teeth meet, called occlusion, is not “in line” with each other
– The upper and lower jaws, that have not grown in harmony, can cause interference with the way your teeth
have come out into the shape that you see them now
– Bad habits such as putting things (such as your thumb, fingers or other objects like a pen) into your mouth,
between your teeth, bad tongue habits when you are at rest and when you eat and speak.
How Do Teeth Move ?
With gentle forces applied by the braces, teeth will relocate within the jaw bones. There is also a reshaping of
the gums surrounding the teeth that will occur.
What can I improve while seeking orthodontic services at
OrthoMontreal, orthodontist in Ville St-Laurent ?
If you think you can:
- improve the esthetics (the looks) of your teeth to be straighter, and in line with each other
- improve the esthetics of your jaws that should be more in harmony, being in line with one another
- improve the function, which is the way you can chew foods, and therefore better digestion for
your stomach and your gastro intestinal system
- improve the way your permanent teeth (adult teeth) will come in
- improve your oral hygiene because straight teeth are easier to keep clean
- improve you speech because it is easier to pronounce some difficult words when your teeth and
surrounding tissues like gums, palate, jaw bones are harmonious to each other
- improve your overall confidence
Do not hesitate to contact us for a consultation.